Sunday 12 February 2012

The Apocalypse Gene by Suki Michelle

Amy's review
4 of 5 stars 
February 12, 2012
 
Olyvia is a young woman living in a near-future Chicago which is ravished by cancer, the newest form of plauge that is sweeping the world. Her mother runs a Hospice from their own family home where the sick come to die. Each day Olyvia is forced to witness the auras' of the sick wither and fade away. Wanting to find an escape she agrees to meet her virtual friend Mikah in person for the first time. But Mikah isn't as normal as he seems. Bound to a world of the supernatural, Mikah is stuck in a life that he dosen't want. As soon as Mikah and Olyvia meet, their worldscollide and it could just mean the end not for them but for something much, much bigger.

This book was action-packed, edge-of-your-seat kind of read. From the very beginning of this book I was kind of in awe of each thing: the descriptions were beautiful, the story-line was fresh and imaginative, also there was so many unexpected plot twists and turns that I was kept on my feet the entire time.

Really, the only thing that I could pick on about this book was that around the middle things dragged a bit. I think that this had something to do with there being a whole lot of explanation and not enough action.

Overall, I have to say that Suki Michelle and Carlyle Clark blended both their writing beautifully and are both masters at plot twists and turns. They created ass-kicking characters. I found this book to be quite a rare find and I am so glad that I took the time to read this. 
 
 
Buy your own copy here:  Amazon   Barnes & Noble   Smashwords

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Part of your group on GoodReads. You have been awarded 2 blog awards! I wanted to share your blog because I really like it. Hope you don't mind. I hope you participate so I can see what blogs you choose. Go here to check everything out!

    http://thinksbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-two-awards.html

    ReplyDelete