Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although I enjoyed reading this book, because I love the Sookie saga, I was a bit disappointed with this one. There seemed to be a lot going on, but nothing really happened (except for one scene at the end). There was a lot of filler in this book, a lot of loose ends to tie up. I believe the whole series could have been wrapped up with this book with just another chapter or two added. As I said, I love Sookie and would love the series to continue, but there comes a point when a story needs to end, hopefully while it is still ahead.

That being said, Sookie had a lot to deal with in this book. She had a lot of time to think about her relationship with Eric and a lot of time to think about her humanity and what she wants out of life. She also had to deal with betrayal from ones she loved and trusted. All in all, even without all of the action and excitement of the previous books, I think this book was a good setup for the end of the series, which I am very much looking forward to.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller