Saturday 15 September 2012

Bridger by Megan Curd

Bridger (Bridger, #1)Bridger by Megan Curd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bridger is a story Ashlyn, a 16-year-old girl who is just beginning to find out she is a little bit more than she ever thought.

The first few chapters of this book seemed to jump around a bit to me, and I was having trouble following. The book picked up after Ashlyn and her friend Jamie got to Ireland, and things started falling into place for Ashlyn. This is when the book really started getting interesting for me.

I liked the characters and thought they were written well. I would have loved to see a little bit more background on each of them to round them out a bit. It's the details like that that make a book, and I did not feel we got many of those details in Bridger.

There were a few things about the book that bothered me. First, while first chapter was done well where it portrayed her father's death, everyone just sort of seemed to forget about him very quickly. There did not seem to be much grieving; again we could have used more detail here. Another thing was Jamie. No one really seemed to be too concerned that this 16-year-old girl just disappeared. The book mentioned that she was on her own a lot, but do not you think her parents would have been looking for her after a while? The last thing was Reese. While I really loved his character and his relationship with Ashlyn, (and no, I am not one of those people who compares every book they read to Twilight), he seemed a little too "Jacob" to me. Many of his lines and actions were all too familiar.

Overall, I really liked this book, and it held my attention enough that I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment