Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Dresden Files is officially one of my favorite series. If books one and two would not have hooked me (which they did), this one definitely would did the job. What I love about Harry is that he just thinks he's this average guy, er…wizard. But, truthfully, there is nothing average about him. Harry is the kind of guy you want on your side no matter what, whether going up against humans or ghosts or vampires or…anything. He is just a nice guy, and he always does the right thing.

I love the world building Butcher created in this series. It is so utterly complex, with every mystical, magical creature having their own community, their own set of rules. This book deals mostly with ghosts and vampires. In the beginning Harry is chasing ghosts, only to find they've been tied to the vampires somehow. Of course, it all comes back to Bianca, who you will remember if you've read the first to in the books in the series.

How this book ended…wow. I really did not see it coming. I cannot say too much without giving anything away, but we get to see more of the softer side of Harry that was hinted at in the last book. These books will never be labeled as romance, but the way Butcher was able to pen in the little bit of Harry and Susan is pretty special.

I listened to the audio of Grave Peril. I think I've said it before, but here it is again: James Marsters makes an amazingly wonderful Henry. I really wish he would have read all the books in this series.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller