Sunday 23 September 2012

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I had been looking forward to this book since last year, once it came out I put off reading it. The last book in the series was a bit of a disappointment to me, so I was, quite honestly, a little scared to read this one. I was afraid it would be a continuation of the last book and I would be let down by my BDB…

I had nothing to worry about. This book was great. There was so much going on, and the many side stories were written in rather well. The pace was quick and made it a quick read even though it is quite long at close to 600 pages. Part of the reason I loved this book is that, although Tohr is the main focus, there are other stories intertwined that, woven together, make up the whole book.

Now, Tohr has never been my favorite brother. I actually hated him for running off after Wellsie died and leaving John alone when he needed him the most, and I cannot believe I'm the only one who felt that way. I wondered how Ward was going to be able to pull off making him dear to my heart again…but she did it. Tohr and No'one's story was a tragic one, full of emotion and heartbreak, maybe even more so than any of the other Brothers'.

I know that the next book is Quinn and Blay (YAY!), and I'm really hoping we'll get to see a book in the future for the shadows, Trez and IAm…and also Lassiter. He's really growing on me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment