Saturday 15 September 2012

Mind Over Matter by S.J. Clarke

Mind Over Matter (ASI, #1)Mind Over Matter by S.J. Clarke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Mind Over Matter is a book filled with cover up, secrets, lies, betrayal, and heartache, but also hope and love.

The book is about Rebecca who has been looking for her missing daughter for the last three years. While everyone else, even Rebecca's (now ex) husband, has given up hope of finding Sabrina, Rebecca has reason to believe that she is still alive. As the story begins Rebecca is seeking help from Dan Cooper, the FBI agent originally assigned to Sabrina's case.

I liked the pace of the book overall, but there were a few spots where I felt the scene changes were too abrupt and a few spots where the characters made connections that I didn't quite get. I actually found myself going back in a couple of different places to see if there was something I had missed. I would have liked to have more transition from one scene to the next and maybe get inside of the character's heads a little more to see where their thoughts were going.

What I really missed in this book was the paranormal aspect. We got into it a bit in the last chapter or two but that was it. I would have loved to see more of it tied into the beginning of the book some way.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment