Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok, so I admit it…I have not read the Night Huntress series. I know. I've been meaning to, and I even own the first three, but I have just never gotten around to reading them. But, I have been hearing so much about Cat and Bones and Vlad…how yummy and sexy he is, you know? So, when Once Burned came out, a story about Vlad, of course I had to check it out…

Leila has lived her life pretty much a freak of nature. She has basically been forced to live a life of solitude. Vlad is the sexiest vampire in the world (that's my opinion, not necessarily Leila's). He is also one of the oldest and most feared vampires in the world. When Leila and Vlad cross paths, sparks fly…literally.

Leila was a strong character. Even though she had been shunned her whole life, she was still proud, stubborn, and stood up for herself rather than just letting the big, strong, sexy vampire come to her rescue. Vlad was…Vlad. Really not much else to say. Mysterious, sexy, dangerous.

The story was great, fast-paced and action packed with just the right amount of steamy romance. The writing style was great, with touches of humor thrown in to keep you chuckling. And yes, I will now be reading the Night Huntress series. Bring on more Vlad!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller