Sunday 16 September 2012

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6)River Marked by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many times while reading a book series, after the fourth or fifth book I will need to find something fresh to read for a while before going back to finish the series. This is not one of those! I love how the Mercy Thompson series, even after reading the sixth book, still leaves me wanting more.

The things I enjoyed most about this book were reading about Mercy and Adam (I love Adam!) and their ever-growing relationship and also finding out more about Mercy's background. And, Stefan was back in this book! The thing I really missed in this book was more of the pack. I love the pack life and dynamics, conflicts, and ties, and even though I know we needed to see Mercy and Adam on their own for a while (their honeymoon, in fact), I still missed it. We got glimpses here and there, but the overall feeling was gone.

Briggs has made in Mercy a heroine who so easy to like. She is strong and independent. She can hold her own around the wolf pack, the vampires, and the fae. I can't wait for the next book…but sadly, I'm going to have to.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment