Sunday 16 September 2012

The Calling by Jennifer Ashley

The Calling (Immortals, #1)The Calling by Jennifer Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amber is a witch in a world where magic and magical creatures are common knowledge. She is trying to find out who killed her sister when she is attacked by a demon and is saved by Adrain, the sexy immortal warrior, and of course, sparks fly. Adrian is on a search for his brother, missing for 700 years. The two must team up with other magical creatures, including a dragon, a werewolf, and a vampire, to solve the murder of Amber's sister and to find Adrian's brother.

I've never really liked books where the magic is "out," much preferring the secretive aspect, but I enjoyed this book a lot. The characters were well created and very likable. The author was able to give each of them their own personalities, which I enjoyed. I really liked the array of magical creatures and the characteristics given to each of them.

I've never read a series where the books were written by different people, and I look forward to seeing how the different writing styles change the story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment