Sunday 16 September 2012

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

The PactThe Pact by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Pact is a story about Chris and Emily, childhood friends whose relationship grows into something more as they get into their teen years. They are best friends, soul mates. The story actually begins on the horrible night that their parents got the call…Emily is dead and Chris is in the hospital. Chris describes a suicide pact gone wrong but is subsequently arrested for Emily’s murder.

The story unfolds through both a series of flashbacks and present day events. I really loved the flashbacks to give us a deeper look into the lives of the characters involved.

I really liked the different points of view that we got throughout the book. It was really neat to be able to see the story playing out through the eyes of so many people. I thought the author did a great job of doing this without making the story confusing.

This is one of the sweetest books I have ever read. I don’t usually get emotional over books, but this book had me in tears almost the whole way through.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment