Under the Dome by Stephen King

Under the DomeUnder the Dome by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Stephen King's for years. I have loved almost everything that he has put out, and this was no exception. In fact, I think this may be my favorite yet.

I loved the pace of the book, the many different characters, and the way you get to see this disaster played out in each of their lives. This book looks into the life of a small town where you will see some good and some bad and all struggling to survive. I think the thing I really liked about this book is that in the face of a natural disaster separating a small town from its resources (think maybe tornado instead of dome), a lot of this book could really happen.

The only think I really did not like (and yet it really is what made the book so very interesting) is the sheer number of names and people you had to remember. I found myself flipping back to the front of the book where there was a list of people and how they relate to the town (thank you for this list, without it I would have been completely lost). There was just so much going on that sometimes it was hard to follow. But again, that's also what made the book so great.

I found this book hard to put down and stayed up way too late to finish it!

Oh, and I really didn't like how the ending played out, but I won't go into detail and spoil it for you...

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller