Sunday 3 February 2013

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Iced (Fever #6, Dani O'Malley #1)Iced by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was not sure how much I was going to like this book with it being narrated by Dani. I was not terribly fond of her in the Fever series – I did not hate her, I just did not love her. I was impressed, however, with how Moning wrote her character into this story. She is kind of a loner with only one other person who she trusts completely in (Now that Mac is out of the picture, anyway). Though Dani is only 14 in this book, her age is just a number. I do not believe she has ever been a kid, though she is a bit naive when it comes to Ryodan and Christian. She is a go-getter and takes the world by the balls. There is not much she is afraid of, and even when she does cross paths with fear she faces it head on.

I love that we got to get to know Christian better in this book. I look forward to see where Moning takes his character. I also love that we got Ryodan. He was kind of an enigmatic character in the first five books of Fever, and even though we got a lot of him in Iced, he is even more mysterious now.

There are things in the book I have to question (Joe's role, for example), which I have no doubt Moning will provide a suitably entertaining story for later in the series. I was so excited to find out there will be two more Dani books and then two more Fever books after that!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment