Sunday 3 February 2013

Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost

Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5)Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this short story. You get to see a glimpse of Bones before Cat. He doesn't seem quite as intense, lacking a bit of his haughty personality. I'm not sure if that is due to the short nature of the story or if it is because he was different before he meet Cat.

I really liked that this story tied into the other books. We met Marie (Queen of New Orleans) and learned a bit about hers and Bone's past. I think that's the thing I didn't like about the Sookie short stories - they were just stories that were there to take up space. They didn't have anything to do with the rest of the series. This one gave us background, characters, setting, etc.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment