Soulless by Gail Carriger

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)Soulless by Gail Carriger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first steampunk book, and I have to say I loved it. Set in the Victorian era, the story is about Miss Alexia Tarabotti, a sassy, independent, strong-minded woman, who happens to be soulless. Alexia is a definite laugh generator. She is quick witted and not afraid to speak her mind. Team her up with Lord Maccon, the rough, no nonsense werewolf sent to investigate a murder, which Alexia happened to commit, and you have a spirited, entertaining story.

It took me a few chapters to get into the story simply because of the Victorian-era language. Once I got used to it, however, I read through quickly, enjoying the story and the humor, and the language added a great deal to the setting.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller