Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel

Palace of SpiesPalace of Spies by Sarah Zettel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a ARC copy from NetGalley.

I enjoy reading a good historical fiction novel and Palace of Spies did not disappointment me. It is full of mystery, royal intrigue, espionage, betrayal and a touch of romance. What could be better?

Peggy Fitzroy, a sixteen year old orphan, has been kicked out of her uncle's home, and finds herself with nowhere to go. In walks Mr. Tinderflint with an offer she can't refuse. Can she? He will give her a new identity, train her, and place her in the royal palace as one of the royal maids, but what is the catch? Why is Mr.Tinderflint doing this? What is he after? Peggy just may have to pay with her life to find out.

Peggy is an intelligent, feisty character that you just want to root for. I enjoyed watching her struggle through the obstacles and mysteries that were set before her. Like Peggy, I had no clue what was really going on until the very end. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys historical fiction.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller