Divided by Elsie Chapman

Divided (Dualed, #2)Divided by Elsie Chapman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

ARC provided via Netgalley in exchanged for an honest review.

I have a confession to make. I did not read Dualed which is the first book in the Dualed series, but after reading the premise for Divided I knew I had to read it. This book was a little slow and confusing at the beginning. It didn't take long for the pace to pick up and the confusion to become clear. If you are a dystopian or sci-fi fan, then give this book a try.

West Grayer was born in a world where everyone has an Alternate. Who deserves to live? You or your Alternate? It is a fight to the death. West has defeated her Alternate and is ready for a life without killing. The Board offers West something to good to pass up, but it will require her to kill again. This mission quickly becomes more than what West was prepared for. What is the Board hiding?

Elise Chapman has created a fascinating world and an interesting cast of characters. West knows what it takes to be victorious and is willing to get the job done. She is a strong female lead who still struggles with some of the choices she has made. Those struggles make West a more likeable character rather than a stone cold killer. Despite the slow start , I really enjoyed this read. It had me on the edge of my seat anxiously wanting to how the story ends.

View all my reviews


Buy Links:


Amazon     Barnes and Noble    Kobo     Ibooks     Book Depository 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller