Friday 22 January 2016

The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter

The Closer You Come (The Original Heartbreakers, #1)The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed Gena Showalter's series White Rabbit Chronicles, so when I saw The Closer You Come on Netgalley I knew I wanted to read it. I'm so glad I did!

Jase Hollister is the ultimate bad boy who is trying to get a fresh start after his recent release from prison. Jase and his two friends, West and Beck, have made Strawberry Valley, Oklahoma their new home. They are hoping that the small town will help them escape their troubled pasts. Is it possible to make a new life when you are tortured by the mistakes from your past? Guilt and hate can consume a soul. Can they find the strength and desire to put it all behind them? Jase is looking for a quiet, uncomplicated life, which is totally out the window as soon as Brooke Lynn walked through his door. Brook Lynn Dillon has her own share of troubles. She is too busy working two jobs and trying to keep her older sister out of trouble to have any fun. Brook Lynn is too young to be so serious. Can Jase add a little fun to her life? Can Brook Lynn ease Jase's troubled soul?

Jase is one dark, brooding, sexy man. He is very loyal and protective, but he can take that to the extreme. Brook Lynn is a hard worker...sometimes too hard. She loves her sister who is the only family she has left. Can Brook Lynn tear down the walls Jase has built up around his heart? The chemistry is off the charts for Jase and Brook Lynn. I enjoyed watching their relationship develop. It was a sweet, complicated, steamy romance. What an enjoyable read! Can't wait to read the next book in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment